Thursday, October 23, 2014

3-in-One Deliciousness

I like pizza, I like pasta, I like a good casserole. Put the 3 together, and I'm a happy girl! 

I've served this dish multiple times, and have always received rave reviews. The sauce absolutely makes it, so be sure to buy what's listed. I've had no trouble finding it at my local supermarket

Another good thing about this dish: it freezes beautifully! 

Pizza Pasta

1lb rotini
1 jar Newman's Own Sockarooni pasta sauce
(If you like your pasta on the saucy side, go ahead and grab a 2nd jar)
1/2-3-4 pkg sliced pepperoni
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 pkg sliced baby bella mushrooms
1 small can sliced olives

While cooking the pasta according to the package directions, cut pepperoni slices into quarters. In a sauté pan, cook mushrooms in 1tbsp of butter over medium heat. Drain olives and set aside. 

Once pasta is cooked, drain it and return to the pot. Add in mushrooms, olives, and 1 jar of pasta sauce. Stir to combine. Fold in pepperoni & 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. If you like your pasta dishes on the saucy side, add another cup of sauce and stir to combine. (I typically do this, as the original amount tends to soak up into the pasta while baking- and I'm a saucy kind of girl!)

Place mixture in a baking dish, then top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350 for 20-30min, until the cheese is melted. Pop the broiler on during the last few minutes to brown the cheese. 

This is gooey, delicious, and very filling. Serve alongside a green salad and you're good to go. I also love the Sockarooni sauce. It has great bell pepper flavor, plus all proceeds from this Newman's Own product go to charity!

No comments:

Post a Comment