Wednesday, October 15, 2014

I'm back.. with bread!

Banana bread, to be exact!

I haven't posted on this blog in forever & a day, and I have zero excuses. Please forgive me! ...or don't. Whatev. 

I've got my favorite banana bread in the oven, and let me tell you, my house smells DIVINE! The recipe is a basic one, but tastes oh so delicious, and you should definitely add it to your fall baking repertoire.

Banana Bread

3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 egg, beaten
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350.

In a mixing bowl, mash bananas. Add butter, vanilla, and egg; mix well. Add remaining ingredients and mix until the batter comes together. 

Transfer to a buttered loaf pan. I like to top mine with a bit of sugar & cinnamon, which gives the most delicious top crust! 

Bake for 1 hour. If a knife comes out clean, you're good to go! If it does not, continue baking and check every 5 minutes until your knife comes out clean.

You can also bake these in muffin tins for 30-40min. You can also top them with cream cheese frosting after they've cooled & have yourself one hell of a dessert!



Hope y'all enjoy! Keep checking back in- I promise to post on the regular and would love some support & comments. 

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment