Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Spice Up Your Life

I've got to be honest, y'all... This post was inspired by a blast from the past I had this morning, via Sirius XM's 90s on 9. Yes, the Spice Girls' song 'Spice Up Your Life' made me think of the following recipe. Just go with it! The outcome is worth it, I promise :)

Spicy Pimento Cheese

1 block of cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise 
2oz jar diced pimentos, drained
2-4 dashes of hot sauce
A pinch each of salt & pepper

(I use Hellmann's mayo, but prefer Duke's, & Louisiana hot sauce, because I'm a good Southern girl! )

Using a stand mixer or bowl & hand mixer, beat the cream cheese until fluffy, about 2 min. Add remaining ingredients and thoroughly mix. Serve chilled with crudités & crackers or slather on some bread for a yummy sandwich. 

Another sinfully delicious way to enjoy is to make a grilled pimento cheese sandwich! A restaurant in Little Rock, Taziki's, does this and it is to die for! http://www.tazikiscafe.com/menus_little_rock

No comments:

Post a Comment