Monday, October 14, 2013

Weeknight Vegetable Soup

There's nothing better than coming home after a long day & having a really quick & healthy dinner ready to go! Can I get an amen?!

This is a super simple vegetable soup recipe- I'm talking so simple it's barely a recipe. (Don't you love those?) I make this in a big batch and usually freeze part of it. Sometimes I just don't feel like cooking, so pulling homemade soup from the freezer is a great option. If you don't have any made ahead, don't fret! This soup comes together in a hurry & can feed a crowd! Francesca, our exchange student, & I will be enjoying this a few hours from now with some yummy bread & a salad. 

Weeknight Vegetable Soup


1 46oz bottle vegetable (V8) juice
1 box vegetable stock
1 bag frozen peas & carrots
2 cans whole kernel corn, drained & rinsed
1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can Great Northern beans, drained & rinsed
2 envelopes onion soup mix
Salt & pepper to taste

Throw everything in a big soup pot, bring to a boil, then simmer on low for 30min! See! Incredibly easy!

*I typically use 1 bag of frozen corn, but I forgot to buy any & had the cans on hand. You can use whatever vegetable combination you like- play around with it! I had some extra matchstick carrots from last week's chicken noodle soup, so I threw those in as well.


Doesn't that look good? 

Here's the yummy, crusty loaf from Silvek's European Bakery that we're having with the soup! 


I hope y'all have had a great day! Be sure to follow @woopigfoodieblog on Instagram to get your food fill on days I don't blog!

Peace,
MCS

No comments:

Post a Comment